We have a bold vision, supported by sound financials and strong credit ratings. Our investors can find out more about us here.
Who we are
In 1890, Sir Edward Guinness donated £200,000 to set up the Guinness Trust. His vision was to provide decent and safe homes for working class people.
Since we were founded, we have built thousands of homes across England. Now, with 60,000 homes and 120,000 customers, we’re proud to be one of the largest affordable housing and care providers in the country.
What we do
We’re here to improve people’s lives – and create possibilities for them. We do this by providing as many high quality new homes as possible and the housing and care services our customers need most.
We do this by providing:
- homes for social and affordable rent
- affordable home ownership and outright sale
- homes and care services for older people
- support for customers who need extra help with issues like managing their money or getting into work.
Any profit we make is re-invested into our homes and improving services for our customers and communities.
In 2015 we celebrated our 125th year of providing homes and care services to those that need them most. We’re proud that thousands of families have benefited from our founder’s vision and generosity.
Our vision and strategy
Our world is changing. We know we’ve got to be financially strong to achieve our aims, to keep investing in the homes we’ve got and to build new ones.
We’ve set some ambitious targets for the future. We want to be an organisation that:
- is strong, stable and resilient
- maximises financial capacity to deliver more new homes
- provides an amazing customer experience
- is a brilliant place to work.
Read our plans for the future
What we’ve achieved
We’re in one of the most exciting periods in our history. Over the past year, we have:
- delivered 908 new homes across England
- invested c.£130 million to create or refurbish 808 homes as part of our large-scale regeneration schemes at Cooper House, Matthias Court and Adelphi Court in Manchester and Loughborough Park in London
- completed our largest development project for outright sale in East London
- invested over £53 million in maintaining and improving our homes and communities
- our care services received a 94% customer satisfaction rating.
You can read about our achievements in our Annual Review and Financial Statements