Who we are
In 1890, Sir Edward Guinness donated £200,000 to set up the Guinness Trust. His vision was to provide decent and safe homes for working class people.
Since we were founded, we have built thousands of homes across England. Now, with 65,000 homes and 135,000 customers, we’re proud to be one of the largest affordable housing and care providers in the country.
The Regulator for Social Housing (RSH) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulate us. We have the highest governance (G1) and viability (V1) ratings from the RSH.
What we do
We’re here to improve people’s lives – and create possibilities for them. We do this by providing as many high quality new homes as possible and the housing and care services our customers need most.
We do this by providing:
- homes for social and affordable rent
- affordable home ownership and outright sale
- homes and care services for older people
- support for customers who need extra help with issues like managing their money or getting into work.
Any profit we make is re-invested into our homes and improving services for our customers and communities.
In 2015 we celebrated our 125th year of providing homes and care services to those that need them most. We’re proud that thousands of families have benefited from our founder’s vision and generosity.
Our vision and strategy
Our world is changing. We know we’ve got to be financially strong to achieve our aims, to keep investing in the homes we’ve got and to build new ones.
We’ve set some ambitious targets for the future. We want to be an organisation that:
- is strong, stable and resilient
- maximises financial capacity to deliver more new homes
- provides an amazing customer experience
- is a brilliant place to work.
Read our plans for the future
What we’ve achieved
We’re in one of the most exciting periods in our history. Over the past year, we have:
- delivered 574 new homes across England
- invested £73 million in maintaining, improving and repairing our existing homes
- unlocked £7 million for customers through government support
- saved customers £280,000 in heating bills
- our care services received a 94% customer satisfaction rating.
You can read about our achievements in our Annual Review and Financial Statements