How we're doing
Our ambition is the same as it was in 1890 – to build homes for people who need them most. See what we've achieved in the past year.
This year we’re celebrating
Building more homes
We know the country is desperately short of the right homes. We want to help those people who need them most. In 2015/16 we delivered 908 new homes.
This year, we will:
- Invest c.£130 million to create or refurbish 808 homes as part of our large-scale regeneration schemes at Cooper House, Matthias Court and Adelphi Court in Manchester and Loughborough Park in London
- Start the construction of 60 new extra care homes in Totnes, Devon – a ‘blueprint’ for outstanding homes for older people in the future.
- We will also complet our largest development project for outright sale in east London. The 267 new homes at Sutton’s Wharf will generate £92 million from sales by the end of 2015/16, providing funds that we’ll then use to build more homes.
Delivering amazing customer service
We’re passionate about delivering amazing customer service. We offer great homes and services and help our customers get the most from their tenancies. The number of older people in our communities continues to grow. Our quality, ethical care services help people to live safe and independent lives in their own homes.
- This year, we created a single customer contact centre and launched a new customer experience strategy.
- We’ve invested over £53 million in maintaining and improving our homes and communities. Our Guinness Property team now cover a wider area, keeping more of your homes in good condition.
- And we’ve helped our customers secure over £1.7 million in extra income, to help them maintain their tenancies.
- This year, our care services received a 94% customer satisfaction rating.
Being a brilliant place to work
Our people are Guinness. And we continue to invest in their futures and making Guinness a rewarding place to work.
- This year we focused on delivering great training to managers, through our Guinness Leaders programme and GROW coaching programme.
- We developed our eLearning, delivering ten thousand online course sessions and supported 70 professional qualifications for staff.
- And we held our first national awards to recognise the outstanding work Guinness people do every day.
Read our Annual Review 2015/16
For the first time you can read our Annual Review online on our Annual Review microsite.
This year we celebrated our 125th year of providing homes and care services to those that most need them.Read our Annual Review and Financial Statements online