What sustainability means to us
Over the past five years we’ve dramatically developed our commitment to sustainability. We’ve become a more sustainable organisation in three main ways:
- using environmentally-friendly products in our house building and repair work
- improving the energy efficiency of our homes in line with the government’s targets
- helping our customers save energy and money by insulating cavity walls and loft insulation.
- We’ve developed an energy and water saving e-learning course. This has been completed by our staff who are now able to provide practical advice and examples to our customers helping them reduce their fuel bills and save energy, water and money.
- We reviewed our entire office stock portfolio, selecting six pilot offices to undergo tailored eco-retrofit works. Over these six offices we made annual energy savings of 15%, equating to £22,500.
- We launched a series of videos to help our customers make the most of their storage heaters. You’ll find this in our saving energy section