Step 3 -
Instruct a solicitor

You will need to use a solicitor to handle the legal side of selling your home. You may want to use the solicitor that you used to buy the home, or you may want to use someone new.

Whoever you use, you must make sure that they have experience of dealing with shared ownership, otherwise this can make things complicated and add to your costs.  You should also make sure that they will make same day electronic payments to us when the sale completes, as we will not accept cheques.