If you want to end your tenancy you’ll need to give us at least four week’s notice or one calendar month if you’re on a monthly tenancy.
Filling in our online form is the easiest way to end your tenancy.
Please note: If you’re on an assured or secure tenancy, assured shorthold tenancy or licence, you can’t change your mind about ending your tenancy once you’ve submitted this form.
What happens after I send my notice?
We’ll write to let you know:
- the date your tenancy will end
- how much rent you need to pay to clear your account
- about arranging a home inspection (to find out if there are any repairs or cleaning needed)
- if we need you to show your home to new tenants (they’ll always come with a member of our team or a letter from us).
- pay all the rent due up to and including the last day of the tenancy which will be a Sunday.
- pay for any damage that has been caused by you or anyone living in the property. You do not have to pay for normal wear and tear.
What do I need to do before I move?
Before you move out, please remember to:
- tell your water, gas, electricity and phone companies you’re moving
- turn off the water at the stopcock
- switch off the electricity at the fuse box and the gas off at the meter
- contact the housing benefit office to let them know your new address
- clean your home and garden
- take all your belongings with you
- return your keys to your housing officer.
Ending your tenancy form
Please complete this form if you want to:
- end your tenancy (notice to terminate your assured or secure tenancy)
- apply to end your tenancy early (fixed-term tenancies only).
Types of tenancy
If you are unsure which type of tenancy you have, the lettings team will confirm once they receive this notice.
Assured or secure tenancy, assured shorthold tenancy or licence
Once you send us this form or told us in writing that you want to end your tenancy you cannot change your mind. The tenancy will come to an end once the notice period has expired.
Fixed-term tenancy for 5 or 6 years
You can change your mind and withdraw this notice. The tenancy will not come to an end. This is because you are either exercising a break clause or making a request to end the tenancy early. We do not normally refuse a request to end the tenancy early.
I’d like to end my tenancy
Fill in our online form to end your tenancy with us.
When you complete this form you’ll receive a confirmation email from us. Double check your inbox and junk to make sure you have it.