Fixing emergency repairs
If your repair is an emergency call us straight away. We’ll deal with emergency repairs within 24 hours.
Read our definitions of emergency and non-emergency repairs.
What's an emergency repair?
Emergency repairs have an immediate health and safety risk to you, your home or your neighbours. They include:
- complete loss of power
- no cold water supply
- no heating or hot water during the winter
- a flood or leak that cannot be contained or causes a risk of electric shock
- doors or ground floor windows that aren’t secure
- your only toilet being broken
- lift not working
- smoke and/or carbon monoxide alarms (continuous noise)
- anything that’s a serious health and safety risk.
We’ll fix or make an emergency repair safe within 24 hours.
Our contractors may do a temporary repair to make the situation safe. They’ll return later to fix it. This happens if they need extra parts to complete the job or you reported it out of hours.
If it isn’t an emergency repair we aim to get it fixed for you within 28 days, but we’ll always come out sooner if we can.
If your repair is serious, but isn’t an emergency, we’ll come out as soon as we can.
If there are any changes to any reported repairs, we’ll contact you to let you know.
Report a repair
You can also call us to book a repair on 0303 123 1890 from 8am–8pm, Monday to Saturday (and 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for emergency repairs).
Text relay is 18001 0303 123 1890 for people with hearing or speech difficulties.