When it comes to repairs we have you covered on:
- the roof, walls, windows and doors
- drains, gutters and outside pipes
- internal walls, ceilings and floors
- internal doors, kitchen and bathroom fittings and internal pipework
- gas boilers, fires and pipes – we’ll visit once a year to check these are working safely
- electrical wiring and fittings
- smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors (changing batteries in these is your responsibility)
- criminal damage to windows, door and locks (you’ll need to file a crime report)
- any areas you share with your neighbours
- boundary fences and front and back gates (please note this is not in every case. Each case will be individually assessed for any immediate danger)
In return, we ask that you:
- keep internal decoration in good condition
- replace lost or damaged keys, broken toilet seats, light bulbs, bath/sink plugs and other minor items
- provide and repair TV aerials, washing lines, shower heads and curtains, and curtain rails
- install appliances correctly
- replace batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors (maintenance of the detectors themselves is our responsibility)
- repair or replace dividing fences (any fence that divides two Guinness homes)
- repair any front and back gates where an immediate danger is not present
- repair any areas of your home damaged by you or your guests.
We check the quality of our contractors’ work and how they behave in your home.
Our contractors agree to meet our code of conduct. We expect them to:
- keep their appointments or change them in good time
- carry and show an identity card
- work efficiently and tidily
- treat your home with respect
- be polite at all times
- clear up after themselves.
In return, we ask you to:
- give them access to your home at the agreed appointment time – or change it as soon as possible if you won’t be home
- check the contractor’s identity card
- take your young children with you if you have to go out whilst the contractor is in your home
- smoke outside while they’re in your home.