- There are lots of places that can help with your CV. Try this one for free from the National Careers Service.
- If you need help completing a job application form the National Careers Service website has some great advice.
- Volunteering is one of the best ways to get work experience. Do-it.org has an amazing range of work experience and volunteering roles.
Searching for a job
When it comes to looking for a new job, there are lots of options:
- Try the government’s job search website.
- Have you thought about working at Guinness? See our latest jobs on our careers website.
- You could consider an apprenticeship or an internship.
Getting online makes it easier to search for jobs and training courses, find help and advice, share photos and keep in touch. More and more services are moving online – from your bank to your favourite shops – so it’s good to build up your online skills.
Finding somewhere to log on
If you don’t have a computer or smartphone, all UK public libraries have computers with internet access. There may be a small charge to use them (or for any printing) and library staff will be happy to help.
Free or low-cost computer courses
- We’re working with Barclays to help our customers to get online. With free courses from basic skills to keeping safe online and even coding, their Digital Driving Licence is available on their website and as an app so you can access it anywhere.
- The UK online centres is a network of 5,000 local centres, helping people make the most of technology and getting as many people as possible online. They provide digital skills courses via the Learn My Way website, training advice and information.
- The new Google Digital Garage gives people a digital ‘tune-up’. This could be making the most of the web or building your business or career. You can create a personalised learning plan, and enjoy Google’s in-depth training.