backing your potential
Whether it’s to help you find a job, move up the career ladder, study at university or start a community project – we’re backing your potential.
Over the past four years more than 200 customers have received Aspire Award grants for courses, training and equipment.
The Aspire programme is split into three categories:
Helping you with the cost of training, course equipment or required travel.
Providing financial support for two customers each year to complete or start an undergraduate degree. The award will fund one year of university fees or associated costs, which could include travel and textbooks.
In the community
Working with customers and local groups on projects that help make your community a great place to live.
How to apply for an Aspire Award
You can apply in five easy steps:
- Decide what funding you’d like to apply for – into work, into education or in the community.
- Find out how much you’d need for training or equipment. You’ll need to send proof of this with your application.
- Fill in our Aspire Awards application form [pdf] telling us why you’d like to win an Aspire Award.
- Get a reference from someone who’s known you for at least two years. This could be a school teacher, someone you work or volunteer with or a family friend.
- Send your application form, with proof of how much you would need to be awarded and your reference back to us (the postal address and email are on the form).
Please read the full terms and conditions [pdf] before applying.
When will I hear if I’ve won an Aspire Award?
We’ll award funding for the work and community grants three times a year. The two customers who receive grants for their undergraduate education will be awarded once a year in June.
You can apply for any of the awards at any time during the year.
If you have any questions about the Aspire Awards please get in touch using the form below.