Adelphi Court was a general needs tower block that required major refurbishment. In 2019 we completed the work to overhaul and improve the whole building – and provide a mix of 112 one or two bedroom affordable apartments in Salford, Greater Manchester. This refurbishment included:
- a new reinforced roof and double-glazed windows
- an upgraded communal area with new flooring and LED lighting
- improved access to the site with an additional entrance point installed
- homes fitted with new high-quality modern bathroom and flooring
- and void properties being stripped back and refurbished to the same standard
Another important part of this regeneration was fitting each home with a graded heating system and control panel that allows customers remote access to an array of settings to control the temperature in each room. Along with new water cylinders to improve the constant flow of hot water, these homes now retain a high level of fittings and insulation, reducing the need for artificial heat and ultimately saving our customers money on their energy bills.
Did you know?
Before the refurbishment, we were delighted to bring the arts world and construction industry together by part-funding, with Arts Council England, a festival production inside the tower block called ‘Domestic III’. This was led by Guinness customer Tamsin Drury, who lives in our Cooper House scheme nearby, and her production company called ‘hÅb’. It was a great success and a fantastic way to welcome in the regeneration project.