Making sure your home stays in the best condition is a responsibility that we share with you.
For our tenants, it’s important that you understand who is expected to repair what.
This way we can help make sure you enjoy living in your Guinness home.
As your landlord, Guinness will look after things like:
- the roof, walls, windows and doors
- drains, gutters and outside pipes
- internal walls, ceilings and floors
You can report any of these issues to us – and often book a repair appointment – online, using MyGuinness.
In return, we ask that you:
- keep internal decoration in good condition
- replace lost or damaged keys, broken toilet seats, light bulbs, bath/sink plugs and other minor items
- provide and repair TV aerials, washing lines, shower heads and curtains, and curtain rails
- replace batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
To help make these simple tasks easier, we’ve created video tutorials that explain how to do some of these DIY repairs quickly and safely.
Remember: if you don’t feel comfortable doing these repairs yourself talk to a professional.