Apply for a home -
Guinness customer

As you're already a Guinness customer, the information on this page should give you extra help and options for your home search.

Applying for a transfer

Find out more information about transferring to another Guinness home through our new YourChoice service.

Swapping your home

Have you thought about a mutual exchange?

Find out about swapping homes with another Guinness customer or with a customer from another housing association.

Homes to rent right now

We have homes you can rent right now.  These homes are advertised on Zoopla and on our own website. You can see if any of them are what you’re looking for.

Most of our homes are let through councils, so you should apply directly to them to see what is being offered in your area.

Ex-service personnel in Lancaster

We have a waiting list for some homes in Lancaster which are specifically for ex-service personnel.

Eligibility to apply for Westfield Village

  1. You are Ex-Service: You must have served in the Army, Navy, RAF, or the Merchant Navy & Reserve Forces (Active Wartime Service only) for a minimum of 3 years unless you were discharged for medical/redundancy reasons as a result of your service.

Should the above criteria fail we will then consider: –

  1. You are currently serving in the above named Forces and are due to leave within a period of 12 months and you must have served for a minimum of 3 years unless you are to be discharged on medical/redundancy grounds as result of your service.

Evidence of discharge, conduct and dates of service must be provided before any offers can be made for housing on this scheme.

How to apply

If you’re interested in applying for one of these homes, please contact us with your name and contact details, either by email at or call 0303 123 1890 (option 5) to speak to our applications team. We’ll then be in touch to complete the application with you.

Applying for housing through your council

Your council will check your housing needs and try to find you a house. You may be housed with them, with us or another housing association.

Find your local council and apply for a home. The link will open in a new window so pop back after you have signed up to see if we can help you further.

Looking for a home in central Manchester?

If you want to apply for a home in Manchester you need to register with Manchester Move.

Contact Manchester Move on 0333 900 9032 or apply directly online at