Shared ownership – or part-buy, part-rent – is an affordable way to buy a new home. You buy a share of your home and then pay a reduced rent on the rest of it.
Why choose shared ownership?
It’s a great way to get a foot on the property ladder. The deposit and mortgage you’ll need is smaller than if you bought a house outright. There are other benefits too, including:
- you can normally afford a bigger property than buying 100% of your home
- you can usually buy more shares until you own 100% of your home
- your monthly payments could be less than renting privately
- it’s ideal for first time buyers.
Am I eligible?
Firstly, you need to be over 18 and a resident in the UK. When purchasing using Shared Ownership there is a maximum household income. Your household income should be less than £80,000 (this is increased to £90,000 if you are purchasing a home in London).
For more information on how Shared Ownership works, visit Guinness Homes.
Private sale houses
We have brand new developments with homes available to buy across England.
Our homes for outright sale
- Each home is in one of our exciting and unique developments
- The homes feature contemporary design, excellent build quality and they’re energy efficient
- you’ll get a dedicated sales advisor to keep you posted on the progress of your new home as it’s built.