At this point, you don’t need to call us; we would have received your details from the council and will be in touch with you as soon as we have reviewed your application.
We do understand that you may have been on the councils waiting list for some considerable time. You also may not have received any contact from your council for a while or know what to expect from Guinness, don’t worry we will explain everything to you and answer any questions you may have when we call you to discuss the home you have shown an interest in.
What to expect when we call you:
Once we receive your nomination or bid for the home you are interested in, we will call you to discuss the property type, size, and location, rent and service charge details, the type of tenancy you will receive and any parking requirements etc. If you confirm that you are interested in the offer of the property and want to progress your application, we will begin the next steps.
During the initial call we will also:
- Offer to complete the Pre-Tenancy Application form with you if you have time, if not we will be booking an appointment with you within 7 days to complete this with you over the telephone.
After the call we will:
- Send you a Provisional Offer Email or letter that will confirm all the details of the home i.e., property type, full address, number of bedrooms, floor level, rental, and service charges.
- We will also include in the email a google map link so you can click and view the home and neighbourhood prior to your viewing, along with a direct link to the local authority website so you can assess details of local services, schools, and amenities in the area you are moving to.
- We will also send you an Application Supporting Docs Request Email or letter that provides you with all the documents we require to verify and progress your application. Please make every effort to return your documents before your appointment to avoid delays with your application.
- There is a link in this email that takes you directly to our online Income & Expenditure You have the self-serve option to complete this prior to your appointment which makes the application and approval process quicker for you.
- The calculator assesses your current income levels and expenditure and tells us if the home is affordable for you.
Once we have verified your documents , the property is confirmed as affordable for you and your application with us has been approved, we will:
- Send you an Application Approved Email or letter. In this email we’ll advise you that your application is now fully approved and that we will be in touch once we have a date from our contractors when the home is available to view.
When the home is available to view, we will:
- Call you to make an appointment for you to view the home. We will then send you a Customer Viewing Appointment Email or letter, confirming the address, time and date of appointment and the Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) who will be completing the viewing with you.
- Please remember you are viewing the home during the repairs stage; the home is not ready at this point as our contractors are still completing the necessary repairs.
- The home will be completed to our lettable standard once handed back to us from our contractors and will look different to when you viewed it.
After your viewing, we will:
- Call you the same day to see if you remain interested in the home and want to progress to the next stage. If you confirm you accept the offer of the home, we will send you a Formal Offer Email or letter.
- Your email or letter will again confirm all details of the property, and as we would have advised you of during the application process, the requirement for you to now sign your new tenancy agreement with us and pay your initial two weeks rent in advance.
- Rent in advance payments need to be made before the sign up is completed and move
- There will be a link in the email along with your Unique Personal Reference Number to enable you to self-serve and make the payment directly online.
- Your tenancy agreement will be sent to you for signing on a separate email.
- We will also agree and confirm a date and time to complete the sign-up process for your new home that will be completed virtually over the telephone directly with you on the day of the move to your new home.
- We will provide you the key safe code and location in order for you to self-serve your key collection when you arrive at your new home and let yourself in!
- We will explain key elements of the tenancy agreement, how to access services, how to make rent payments, provide some health and safety advise and details of the utility provider.
- You will also need your bank account details so we can set up a direct debit during the call.
- We will also agree a time and date with you for a welcome visit appointment from your Customer Liaison Officer within two to three weeks of moving in. Your CLO will be your point of contact once you move in.
During your sign-up appointment, we will:
- Go through a check list with you that hopefully covers any questions you may have.
- Set up a direct debit with you. Explain importance of paying rent and consequences of non-payment.
- Discuss main terms of the tenancy agreement and our joint responsibilities as Tenant and Landlord.
- If you signed a starter tenancy, we’ll explain the tenancy conversion process and the visits you will have from the CLO during the first year of your tenancy.
- Advise you how to report repairs and access our services.
- Provide advice on legionella precautions and we may ask you to run the taps during the call.
- Agree a date and time for your Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) to visit you 2 to 3 weeks after your move to introduce themselves, provide you with furthermore detailed advise of any agreements or arrangements that may be specific to the scheme, block, or estate you live on. This could be relating to carparking arrangements etc.
- Your CLO will also provide you with information on any fire evacuation arrangements and discuss any vulnerabilities you may have which may mean they need to complete a Person-Centred Fire Risk Assessment with you during the visit.
- We explain that Scottish Power is the utility provider we use that supplies gas and electricity to your home. The company who works on their behalf are called AJR.
- We will explain the gas re-commissioning process (if applicable) that we will help facilitate directly after the call.
- We will talk you through the contents of our Welcome Email and the relevant documents that will be attached in the email.
We want to make sure your moving experience is as smooth as possible so please take the opportunity to ask us any further questions you may have during the call.
Our four lettings’ teams cover the following areas:
Greater Manchester, North East, and Sheffield
This team covers:
Tameside, Salford, Trafford, Bolton, Bury, Sheffield, Rochdale, Stockport, Wigan, Oldham and Greater and Central Manchester, North East, and North Lincolnshire.
If your application has been confirmed as successful and you need to contact us, please call the team 0161 244 6834.
North West, North East, and East Midlands
This team covers:
Cheshire East, Cheshire West & Chester, Blackburn, Lancaster, Rossendale, Nottingham, Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley, Wakefield, Derby, Harrogate, High Peaks and Leeds.
If your application has been confirmed as successful and you need to contact us, please call the team 0161 244 6835.
Central and Outer London, South East and South/North Derbyshire
This team covers:
Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Havering, Newham, Camden, Harrow, Southwark, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, City of London, Hillingdon, Richmond Upon Thames, Tandridge, Croydon, Reigate & Banstead, Bromley, Colchester, Aylesbury Vale, Central Bedfordshire, Hertsmere, Chelmsford, Southend on Sea, Stevenage, North Hertfordshire, Welwyn & Hatfield, Basildon, Colchester, Ipswich, Tendering, Bedford, Peterborough, Wellingborough, Huntingdonshire, South & East Cambridgeshire, East Northamptonshire, Kettering, Havering, Milton Keynes, Derbyshire Dales, South Northamptonshire, Lambeth, Bolsover, Newark & Sherwood, North East Derbyshire, Gedling, Northampton, Chesterfield, Erewash, Ashfield, Mansfield, South Derbyshire, Bassetlaw, Amber Valley.
If your application has been confirmed as successful and you need to contact us, please call the team 0161 219 7223.
This team covers:
Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Cotswold, Stroud, Hertfordshire, County Of, Vale of White Horse, Plymouth, South Hams, East Devon, Cornwall, Torbay, Teignbridge, West Dorset, Mid Devon, Bath & North East Somerset, Exeter, Bristol, City Of, Sedgemoor, Swindon, Mendip, Portsmouth, Winchester, Southampton, East Hampshire, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Havant, Wiltshire, Chichester, Gosport, Arun, Basingstoke & Deane, Brighton & Hove, Woking, Lewes, Crawley, Adur, Mid Sussex, Worthing, Horsham.
If your application has been confirmed as successful and you need to contact us, please call the team 0161 219 7224.