In most cases, we’ll arrange buildings insurance for our developments. This covers buildings against weather damage, vandalism and structural damage. Your lease will say if you’re already covered or need to pay anything extra.

If we provide your buildings insurance and you need a copy of the policy, please contact us.

It’s your responsibility to insure the contents of your home.

Making a building insurance claim

To start a new claim through Zurich, you can use the Zurich Virtual Assistant, which will help make sure you provide the information needed to make a claim.

When you make a claim with Zurich Home Insurance you will be asked for a policy number. Quote our policy number JHA-22S347-0033 and let them know you’re a Guinness homeowner.

Once you make your claim, Zurich will review the details of your claim and contact you within 5 working days.

If you have any questions or want to speak to someone direct, you can call Zurich on 0800 028 0336.

If a communal area is damaged please contact us and we’ll get it fixed.

Emergency help

If your repair’s an emergency, Zurich can help with the repair, including security and weather-proofing measures.

For damage in communal areas, please contact us. If you’ve contacted the police too, please have the crime number and any other details to hand.

Contents insurance

The insurance policy above doesn’t cover your contents. This means that any damage done to furniture, belongings or decorations by fire, theft, vandalism or water damage isn’t covered.

You should arrange your own contents insurance cover for personal belongings.

RSA Insurance Group

We’ve teamed up with RSA Insurance Group, who have a contents insurance plan designed for tenants with a lot of great benefits that are not available on the open market. These include nil excess, no set contract and flexibility around how and when you wish to pay.

Please note this is NOT available to residents who own 100% of their home from Guinness (i.e. 100% Shared Ownership).

There are two ways you can sign up: