Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- work alongside experienced staff
- gain job-specific skills
- earn a wage and get holiday pay
- get time for study related to your role (usually one day a week)
Apprenticeships take 1 to 5 years to complete depending on their level.
Who can apply?
You can apply for an apprenticeship while you’re still at school. To start one, you’ll need to be:
- 16 or over by the end of the summer holidays
- living in England
- not in full-time education
How do I find out more?
To look and apply for an apprenticeship that suits you, take a look at the government’s website.
To find out what it’s like to be an apprentice – the opportunities, benefits and just how far an apprenticeship can take you in the future, take a look at https://www.apprenticeships.gov.uk/