Transfer with Guinness

If you need a bigger or smaller home than you have at the moment, or want to move to a different area, you can apply to transfer to another Guinness home.

Applying for a transfer in the Northwest

We’re piloting a new way for customers to view and bid for available properties, called YourChoice. All customers looking to transfer to properties in the Northwest should visit the YourChoice page to find out more.

Applying for a transfer in other regions

In some areas, the council is responsible for all decisions about house allocations. So even though the home you want to move into is owned by Guinness, you may need to apply for it through your local council.

Our applications team can advise whether you need to apply for a transfer through your local council or through us.  You can call them on 0303 123 1890 (option 5) Monday to Friday from 9am-12pm.

If our applications team confirm you can apply for a transfer through Guinness, you can complete your application over the phone or fill out an application form[pdf] and email it back to us at

Before completing your transfer application form, make sure you’ve included the correct codes for the areas you’re interested in.

Swapping your home

Find out about swapping homes with another Guinness customer or with a customer from another housing association.