This option allows you to complete a Stock Condition Survey of your property at a time that suits you, which is a convenient way for you to ensure that your home will be included in future programme works.
You can complete the survey in five minutes with just 12 easy steps: all you need is a smartphone or camera to take the pictures listed below. We’ve also included example photographs to illustrate the recommended angles to take photos from:
- Kitchen: two clear landscape pictures that capture the full kitchen.
- Boiler or Hot Water Cyclinder, if present: One clear portrait picture of your boiler, showing the brand name, or if not present, your hot water cylinder.
- Lounge: one clear picture of the fire – one clear landscape picture if applicable.
- Bathroom: two clear landscape pictures. One of the bath and the other of the sink and toilet.
- Shower: one clear portrait picture that shows the name of the shower brand.
- Consumer unit: this is where your electrical supply is based. Take two clear landscape pictures. One with the cover closed, and one with the cover open.
- Smoke alarms: if you live in a house take one landscape picture of each of your alarms. If you live in a flat take one landscape picture of your alarm (if an alarm is damaged, or to report a repair, please contact our Customer Service team on
0303 123 1890).
- Radiators/Storage heaters: take a clear landscape picture of one of your radiators showing the thermostatic valve at the end of the heater, if applicable. If you have a storage heater, please take one landscape picture of it.
- Intercom (if you have one): one clear landscape picture that shows the brand name, if applicable.
- Warden call (if you have one): one clear landscape picture that shows the brand name, if applicable.
Take a look at our example photographs and tips: