provide advice to others
08 January 2015
A group of Guinness customers from the west have been helping other residents to reduce their energy and water consumption.
The six customers were trained to become sustainability champions, offering advice on saving energy and water.
As part of the project the champions conducted a telephone survey of 74 residents to offer customers:
- a better understanding of the financial impact of saving energy and water
- basic advice on practical measures to reduce energy and water consumption
- help to heat their homes more effectively and affordably
- information on the availability of various water-saving devices and energy-switching websites
- signposting for additional help and advice.
One of the sustainability champions said: “I was pleased to be involved in the project. The training session was informative and I was able to share my knowledge with the other residents that I talked to during the telephone survey. This has been a really worthwhile exercise.”
This project builds on an earlier Affordable Warmth campaign and was funded by our sustainability fund.