Purpose and lawful basis
When a noise complaint is made to us we need to collect information in order to thoroughly investigate and take appropriate actions in relation to the noise concerns raised. This relates to contact made directly to Guinness and information provided via the third-party Noise App supplied by RHE.
The lawful basis we will mainly rely on to process personal data through the Noise App will be Legitimate Interests under Article 6 (1) (f) of UK GDPR.
Please also see our privacy notice in relation to Investigating Anti-Social Behaviour (link to https://www.guinnesspartnership.com/our-privacy-notice/investigating-anti-social-behaviour/)
What we need
In order to be able to investigate noise complaints via the Noise App we will collect the following information.
- Contact Information of the complainant – this could include your name, property address, email address and telephone number.
- Free text information about the noise and how it is impacting on the complainants quality of life and home life.
- Noise recordings. This may include identifiable voices (including conversations)
- Location data
Why we need to use it
- To investigate and determine your complaint
- To contact you about the complaint and update you of progression of it, including the final outcome
- To discuss the complaint with a third-party organisation (detailed further in this Notice)
- If applicable, to make your local authority or police aware of the complaint and discuss the complaint if necessary
The individual of who the complaint is regarding
- To investigate and determine a complaint about you / your property
- To contact you about a complaint and progression of it, including the final outcome
- To discuss the complaint with a third-party organisation
How long we keep it
Information held on the Noise App will be held for two years.
Records of complaints (including information collected from the Noise App) that progress to an investigation will be retained for six years after the case has been closed.
You have the right to access your personal data held in your application file by us. (Access)
You also have the right to have inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed. (Rectification)
You have the right to request information to be deleted (Erasure)
You have the right to request us to pause the use of your data only if you have contested the accuracy whilst we verify your request or to stop it’s deletion in the case of a legal claim. (Restriction)
You have the right to object to the processing that is for a task carried out in our and your legitimate interests. (Object)
Who we share info with?
We contract with RHE who store the information on their platform as part of the provision of the Noise App service.
We always try to maintain the confidentiality of and will not divulge the identity of a noise complainant to the individual that is the subject of the noise complaint, however due to the location of the issue and the actions that may need to be taken as a result of the noise this may not always be possible.
Information may also be shared with the Local Authority, law enforcement in order to carry out their statutory duties and the courts where necessary.
Any information will only be shared on a need to know basis and only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
None of your information will be transferred outside of the UK for this purpose.