We’re looking forward to getting involved in some of the activities Wishing Well will be delivering to people in the area.
Activities for younger people in Crewe
- The target age-group is 10–16-year-olds
- Over the year, Wishing Well will deliver 36 sessions from their community centre in Derby Docks, six events during the summer holidays in 2022, and one end of project legacy event
- Sessions will be delivered from Derby Docks community centre
Health and wellbeing activities for older people in Crewe
- Wishing Well aim to deliver two sessions a week with a range of activities, including low-level physical activity provision, arts and craft activities, music and dance sessions, afternoon teas, quiz nights and upcycling workshops.
- In addition to this, we would also offer health and wellbeing events such as self-care awareness, falls prevention, diet and nutrition and implement our dementia friends training in partnership with the Alzheimer’s Society.
- The activities will be delivered from a venue in the Central Crew area.
- Wishing Well will also offer transport, collecting people from their homes and bringing them to the venue.
More about Wishing Well
The Wishing Well was founded as a community project in 2002. In April 2007, it became a stand-alone social enterprise. The vision to provide holistic services for all areas of the community was the blueprint for the organisation. By acknowledging that any situation or crisis can be made up by multifactorial circumstances, Wishing Well sought to offer support to the most vulnerable members of our society.
Born in Crewe and Nantwich in Cheshire, The Wishing Well became the focal point for many individuals, groups and families.
The open-door policy means that many services are shaped, designed, developed, and delivered by the community. The organisation has experienced substantial growth in recent years and is acknowledged as a responsible, reputable, and trusted leading provider of many health and wellbeing initiatives in South Cheshire.
Find out more on the Wishing Well website.